At La Costa Dental, we see patients of all ages who want to straighten their smiles. For years, orthodontics was considered a purely cosmetic field. That means, it was believed that straightening teeth didn’t improve oral health at all – it just made you look better. Today, we know that a straighter smile looks great, but it also ensures patients have optimal oral health and dental function. At La Costa Dental, we are happy to offer a variety of orthodontic treatment options to help our patients achieve their healthiest bite as well as delivering flawless smiles. Call our team in Corpus Christi, Port Arthur, or Beaumont to schedule an appointment with us today. We have three Corpus Christi offices located on Ayers Street, Kostoryz Road, and Leopard Street. One of our offices is sure to be convenient for patient throughout South Texas, so schedule your orthodontic consultation today.
Types of Orthodontics
We offer a number of orthodontic options, but no treatment is right for every single patient. Instead, you should visit our team for an orthodontic consultation. Some of the smile alignment options we offer include:
- Traditional Braces – brackets and wires are used to place pressure on teeth to move them into their ideal position
- Early intervention – for kids whose primary teeth are already severely misaligned, especially those with advanced bite positioning issues, we may recommend this early intervention technique to begin orthodontic correction with the primary teeth
Find the Right Orthodontic Solution
To decide which orthodontic treatment option is right for you, it’s time to visit La Costa Dental. Our skilled orthodontists will examine your smile, discuss your treatment options, and make recommendations for the best solution. No two patients are alike, and we’ll create a custom treatment plan that fits your needs, budget, and schedule.
Benefits of a Straighter Smile
A straighter smile isn’t just about looking great – though you will! Orthodontic treatment can improve every aspect of your life. From making great first impressions to confidently interacting in professional situations, a straight smile gives you the ability to always put your best foot forward. Some of the many benefits of orthodontic correction include:
- Confidence – with a beautiful, straight smile, you’ll feel more confident in personal and professional interactions
- Speech – patients with bite alignment issues can experience difficulty speaking clearly, and this is dramatically improved following orthodontic alignment
- Chewing function – patients with misaligned jaws have difficulty chewing, making eating hardier foods difficult or painful, but aligned smiles mean improved chewing and dietary range
- Reduced dental damage – even wear across the teeth means you’re at a decreased risk to chip or crack teeth or strain your temporomandibular joints (TMJ)